Thursday, 6 September 2012

They say, your home is the first school of your life. but the reality is it is the artificial path towards your walk in imprisonment. The mentality of the people within your house infests you, and you on the other hand thinks that what they say are and will always be the right thing to do. And that's how they want you to see them.

As a child, I was raised by my parents teaching me to have fear in God. Well okay I bought that motion. But they also always, and I mean always, taught me to be afraid of them. They said that they are my parents and that I should respect and honor them no matter what happens and that idea didn't just come from thin air but it is written in a book everyone else thinks as the most holy and above all else is the most sacred book of divinity - the bible. So in short, never ever ever defy them. Or else God will punish and hate you for the rest of your life.

Me as a young human who knows literally nothing about this world did her best to believe them and engrave that belief to her entire lifetime. A belief that your ticket to the road towards your God is through THEM. Nothing more.

For 15 years, I was kept within the borders of that belief. And within that time, I decided that the center of my life should be my parents only. I even encouraged my self to make my God in the top of my list but no matter how I push to it, my heart always says that my parents is my 1 although my head says He should be my number 1. I thought that its okay to put them over me because that's how God want me to see them, well, according to them and written on the bible.

How sad, isn't it? Within those 15 years, I remembered feeling a little empty. It seemed that "there's something not right here. I wonder why."


No comments:

Post a Comment